View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #77 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Christ: The issue is all of the millions of jobs Americans have lost to China because they do not compete fairly and use what amounts to slave labor. People get locked up for lifetimes and are put to work in prison. Their money exchange rate is said by many experts to be stacked in their favor. No matter how bad or good the quality is (and I agree China's quality is all over the map) it still boils down to the simple act of buying their products has already resulted in more plants closing in America and moving to China that in the next few years many of us are fearful for the nation. We can not be a strong nation with only service jobs, history has shown we have to MAKE AND EXPORT THINGS (OTHER THAN GOOD JOBS) over seas.

I pray I live to see jobs come back, but until the playing field gets more fair I can see no way we can win unless Americans simply stop buying so much imported stuff and starts buying American stuff whenever possible.

We all are free to choose. But how long will we have these freedoms at the rate were going now? I have read much about how they set up their money exchange rate, and many "experts" claim that's a big reason for their inexpensive products (slave labor helps too).

I see you as one of the good guys and I'm sorry if I over reacted. It's just that my posse sees the simple act of comparing products in a store to see where they are made, is much like recycling, or being green for our environment (except what I speak of deals with our country, and being "green" often deals with issues that impact the entire world)- we need to support some Americans products or what will happen to us? It's got many pretty spooked right now due to the shortage of jobs in much of this country.

Oh well, I have not sleep in over 36 hours due to chronic pain, so I'm sorry to act all stuffy. I wish you the best dude.