View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #65 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
Ahh but your anology fails there because the constitution TASKS the government with national defense. IE its AUTHORIZED to do that constitutionally.

Welfare is no where in the constitution and is not supposed to be.
My analogy was of your oversimplification "The government has ZERO RIGHT and ZERO Authority to take one citizens money to give to another citizen."

Zero government money can enter the private sector in that case. And there's no money for banks. I'm not saying it as good or bad, just saying that private citizens benefit all the time from various shenanigans.

Do I think you should get rewarded for doing nothing? Absolutely not. But it would be an insanely dramatic change for everyone if such an ideal became an absolute overnight. There are shloads of people doing nothing of value everywhere you look and getting paid for it, not just folks on general welfare, or unions or whatever your preffered scapegoat is, every branch of government, every company, every organization has 'em. Yah someone might look busy, but there is no product in many cases. I mean what is the difference between someone on welfare and the chief officer at a member bank? Or all our buddies at Halliburton for that matter?

Last edited by dcb; 10-03-2009 at 11:11 AM..