View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #67 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
The fuel pump Frank Lee but somehow I don't think its going to help much :-)

as for over simplification. I am not over simplifying.

When a government builds a defense and pays civilians to do the work IT IS NOT taking money from one citizen to give to another. It is PAYING citizens to do work that is the governments DUTY to have done.

It is taking money from citizens and giving it to DEFENSE. HOW that is spent in defense is not overly relevant (we are assuming it really is going to defense for this argument)

its "indirect" you can not PAY the missile to build itself or the road to lay itself. you BUY the road and citizens LAY IT.

welfare is taking money DIRECTLY from citizens and giving it DIRECTLY to other citizens. there is no constitutional reason for this. they are simply saying YOU ALL are going to pay for these people.

There is a very good story that explains this very nicely. I will try to find it and get you a link. Sometimes I have a very clear idea in my head the trick is ARTICULATING this idea in such a way that another person develops the same clear idea I have.

I don't have a problem with welfare. I have a problem with GOVERNMENT welfare out of MY pocket with what is effectively a GUN to my head.