View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
So the other day the friend of mine who works with stray voltage, EMF fields and other forms of radiation pulled out his case of meters and we sat in my Civic VX, the meter fluttered around a little but all in all was reading pretty low, so we moved over to his prius and right away the meter freaked out... few seconds later the security system turned off! turned the key on and everything was reasonably low on the meter until the on board LCD came on, turns out that the source of the EMF in the car is not from the drive train, but from the dash read out and if you are worried about that kind of radiation enough to not drive a hybrid then don't watch TV, use a computer or... the vehicle he said was worse then any other vehicle he's tested? Honda mini van, he said that the dash on that has so many electronics in it's dash for the digital speedometer and the other read outs that it's far worse then any of the hybrids, but still pretty safe to drive unless you are sensitive to that kind of thing, but most of all, avoid the use of the security system while you are sitting in the drivers seat.
I LOL'd.