View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
No not really, there are proven combos to make any car go faster, it's been done many times, the easiest/cheapest way. I asked him why not meth/water injection, it seemed it would be easier to flip a switch and voila you're in race mode, I guess he likes to drain his gas and use e85. Then he told me something about how many ci he has, which I really didn't get, but heard way too many times before at the track from fast and furious crowd at the track, so I told him about it, and that's it. I guess I would've told him the truth, racing a fwd Honda it's like being in a special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded. Honda make very good efficient cars, just not very good platform to go fast with, hell Honda couldn't win any races in Formula 1, thank god they got enough brain to just drop the whole racing thing, Toyota is going to drop this year for the same reasons, and toyota actually made few performance cars that are pretty darn good

BTW, I never said my car was faster than his, even though it's true.
Quote:
No not really, there are proven combos to make any car go faster, it's been done many times, the easiest/cheapest way. I asked him why not meth/water injection, it seemed it would be easier to flip a switch and voila you're in race mode, I guess he likes to drain his gas and use e85. Then he told me something about how many ci he has, which I really didn't get, but heard way too many times before at the track from fast and furious crowd at the track, so I told him about it, and that's it.
The reason has to do with something called BMEP(you can google it). Like christ said try to make 900rwhp out of your 3.8L then you would have the equivalent to my engine. At 900rwhp your engine is going to detonate like no tomorrow running "pump fuel" with a water/meth injection setup. Plus there is more to my setup then just making hp and going fast. I need to concentrate on the emission side of it also. E85 will help me through this.

Quote:
I guess I would've told him the truth, racing a fwd Honda it's like being in a special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.
I'm sorry you feel this way and have to make fun of people with special needs.

Quote:
Honda make very good efficient cars, just not very good platform to go fast with, hell Honda couldn't win any races in Formula 1, thank god they got enough brain to just drop the whole racing thing,
Honda has paved the way in technology for the internal combustion engine.
It started in F1 back in 1984 and they dominated until 1988. Look up the
RA-166-E Honda engine. 1.5L that makes 1500HP
Honda has contributed a ton when it comes to automobiles.

Quote:
Toyota is going to drop this year for the same reasons, and toyota actually made few performance cars that are pretty darn good
I agree!!!

Quote:
BTW, I never said my car was faster than his, even though it's true.
See its people like you that make me motivated. I thank you for this.
I have set a goal. To have a car that will get 65+mpg,run 10.5@135mph in the 1/4 or faster,be able to go 600+miles on a tank of gas and not have to worry about breaking down,be able to run gasoline or E85 (Flex Fuel). pass my local emissions and all this for $6000.00 or less invested.

So what do you have thats special. Car, Engine, transmission, performance mods, and how fast is it?

Last edited by pgfpro; 10-05-2009 at 05:18 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-05-2009), elhigh (10-06-2009), Funny (10-08-2009), Pawtuckett (04-25-2012)