Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Nice setup. Why not get a variable vane? Couldn't you get it to compress (decently) at a much lower RPM? Lower than the red map on the first post? Though the red map is the lowest out of the three maps there, and you do use this at the track... couldn't you shoehorn another turbo in there and have a solenoid to switch between the two? Just kidding, that would be extremely cost prohibitive.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Nemesis -

People who make comments like that are the reason I don't get into domestics anymore, except the ones that aren't racers. Seems like people that drive domestics have some holier than thou attitude that says that anyone they come in contact with had best like what they like, do what they do, and follow the same guidelines as they follow.

Funny, though, when it comes down to it, you'd have to make over 900 HP from a V8 to match the 450 coming from that 4 cylinder... Think about the displacement difference, and the amount of HP per liter of displacement. Then tell me your Mustang has anything to brag about.

Please don't turn the thread into a pissing contest about who's car is faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (10-05-2009)
Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Christ I got the pn# off them and they are pn#8973527064

They are this one.Garrett GT37VA Replacement Turbo GAR. 736554-5011S

I need to figure out shipping but it looks like it will run around $50.00ea.

I might keep one of them because the shop that gave them to me did it out of courtesy to help me in my build. They have seen my project and are really interested in it and wanted to help in anyway they could.

Both turbo's are in good shape. The deal was they thought that the customer's vehicle had bad turbo's but found out that it turned out to be something else. So they ended up with these used turbo's after they bought and installed new ones.

Anyway I will get you a more accurate shipping here shortly.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Please, by all means, keep one. I don't have $100 LOL.

I think I can come up with $50, though, that shouldn't be too hard, I'll just move up my stone moving from next week to this week (job I'm doing for a guy.)

No hurry on this end, like I said. They have a specific purpose that I have in mind, and they'll be boxed and labeled until I have time to work on it. Of course, that first requires that I build my mini-forge, since I probably won't be able to find diesel pistons in the correct size for that block.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Please, by all means, keep one. I don't have $100 LOL.

I think I can come up with $50, though, that shouldn't be too hard, I'll just move up my stone moving from next week to this week (job I'm doing for a guy.)

No hurry on this end, like I said. They have a specific purpose that I have in mind, and they'll be boxed and labeled until I have time to work on it. Of course, that first requires that I build my mini-forge, since I probably won't be able to find diesel pistons in the correct size for that block.
Sounds good!!! I'll put it aside until you are ready for it.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

rusty - '00 ford mustang coupe
90 day: 24.31 mpg (US)

cbr929 - '00 honda cbr929 fast
90 day: 39.54 mpg (US)

Porshe - '06 Kawasaki zx10r
90 day: 47.21 mpg (US)

truck - '96 ford ranger
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Nemesis -

People who make comments like that are the reason I don't get into domestics anymore, except the ones that aren't racers. Seems like people that drive domestics have some holier than thou attitude that says that anyone they come in contact with had best like what they like, do what they do, and follow the same guidelines as they follow.

Funny, though, when it comes down to it, you'd have to make over 900 HP from a V8 to match the 450 coming from that 4 cylinder... Think about the displacement difference, and the amount of HP per liter of displacement. Then tell me your Mustang has anything to brag about.

Please don't turn the thread into a pissing contest about who's car is faster.
No not really, there are proven combos to make any car go faster, it's been done many times, the easiest/cheapest way. I asked him why not meth/water injection, it seemed it would be easier to flip a switch and voila you're in race mode, I guess he likes to drain his gas and use e85. Then he told me something about how many ci he has, which I really didn't get, but heard way too many times before at the track from fast and furious crowd at the track, so I told him about it, and that's it. I guess I would've told him the truth, racing a fwd Honda it's like being in a special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded. Honda make very good efficient cars, just not very good platform to go fast with, hell Honda couldn't win any races in Formula 1, thank god they got enough brain to just drop the whole racing thing, Toyota is going to drop this year for the same reasons, and toyota actually made few performance cars that are pretty darn good

BTW, I never said my car was faster than his, even though it's true.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
No not really, there are proven combos to make any car go faster, it's been done many times, the easiest/cheapest way. I asked him why not meth/water injection, it seemed it would be easier to flip a switch and voila you're in race mode, I guess he likes to drain his gas and use e85. Then he told me something about how many ci he has, which I really didn't get, but heard way too many times before at the track from fast and furious crowd at the track, so I told him about it, and that's it. I guess I would've told him the truth, racing a fwd Honda it's like being in a special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded. Honda make very good efficient cars, just not very good platform to go fast with, hell Honda couldn't win any races in Formula 1, thank god they got enough brain to just drop the whole racing thing, Toyota is going to drop this year for the same reasons, and toyota actually made few performance cars that are pretty darn good

Quote:
No not really, there are proven combos to make any car go faster, it's been done many times, the easiest/cheapest way. I asked him why not meth/water injection, it seemed it would be easier to flip a switch and voila you're in race mode, I guess he likes to drain his gas and use e85. Then he told me something about how many ci he has, which I really didn't get, but heard way too many times before at the track from fast and furious crowd at the track, so I told him about it, and that's it.
The reason has to do with something called BMEP(you can google it). Like christ said try to make 900rwhp out of your 3.8L then you would have the equivalent to my engine. At 900rwhp your engine is going to detonate like no tomorrow running "pump fuel" with a water/meth injection setup. Plus there is more to my setup then just making hp and going fast. I need to concentrate on the emission side of it also. E85 will help me through this.

Quote:
I guess I would've told him the truth, racing a fwd Honda it's like being in a special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.
I'm sorry you feel this way and have to make fun of people with special needs.

Quote:
Honda make very good efficient cars, just not very good platform to go fast with, hell Honda couldn't win any races in Formula 1, thank god they got enough brain to just drop the whole racing thing,
Honda has paved the way in technology for the internal combustion engine.
It started in F1 back in 1984 and they dominated until 1988. Look up the
RA-166-E Honda engine. 1.5L that makes 1500HP
Honda has contributed a ton when it comes to automobiles.

Quote:
Toyota is going to drop this year for the same reasons, and toyota actually made few performance cars that are pretty darn good
I agree!!!

Quote:
See its people like you that make me motivated. I thank you for this.
I have set a goal. To have a car that will get 65+mpg,run 10.5@135mph in the 1/4 or faster,be able to go 600+miles on a tank of gas and not have to worry about breaking down,be able to run gasoline or E85 (Flex Fuel). pass my local emissions and all this for $6000.00 or less invested.

So what do you have thats special. Car, Engine, transmission, performance mods, and how fast is it?

Last edited by pgfpro; 10-05-2009 at 05:18 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-05-2009), elhigh (10-06-2009), Funny (10-08-2009), Pawtuckett (04-25-2012)
Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

pgfpro - Did you get an accurate shipping quote? I may have the money already... I just checked my account, seems like I'm ahead a bit for the month.

You can PM me the details if you want, so this thread can get back on topic.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
pgfpro - Did you get an accurate shipping quote? I may have the money already... I just checked my account, seems like I'm ahead a bit for the month.

You can PM me the details if you want, so this thread can get back on topic.
You have a pm

Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
You have a pm
You have a reply.

Reply  Post New Thread