View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Not necessarily. After all, people are still going to buy cars, and those cars will need to be built. So the factories will need to be somewhere, even though they have names like Honda and Toyota (or perhaps Tesla, or something Chinese) on them. And why not in Michigan?

As for the OP comment about posting plans & schematics of the Volt, there's nothing really secret, or even that innovative, about the basic design. That was done back in the '70s. Some of it was even done by GM: if you search, you can find info on their "Stirlec" hybrid, a design much more advanced than the Volt.
I think your missing the over all picture here. We all know that big corporations spy on each other all of the time, no matter what the laws are. But why saturate the car news about The Volt gonna kick some butt... when it gets here...

And then keep delaying the date so the competition can get there first so they can throw their hands up and go "I'll be Dawg, they beat ars to it.. huh.. Back to the old drawing board, and we better fill out those Federal Grant forms again so we can pay for all of this bean coffee or else were gonna have to fire another 100,000 Michigan workers."

In the end it does sound like a ploy for more taxpayer money. There telling us that the competition has MORE $$ to spend on R&D than General Motors has and they may very well beat GM to the finish line- BIG DEAL. It's called Running a Business, not Running Back to Washington. I love my car, I want to see people in Michigan put back to work (I was raised in/near Flint Mi), but it's like biting your nose off to spite your face every time you read about what GM's managers are doing or saying in the news.

However, to be fair, I suspect those grants are giving out to ANY car company that qualifies for it. As to why GM could still qualify for more help is beyond me.

So if anyone from GM is reading this thread I hope you can recognize your friends from your foes. Many of us do not hate you GM. We just want you do DO SOMETHING RIGHT! (I do not speak for all, but it appears at least a few of us like your cars) Now can ya just manage the books for awhile without firing more Michigan workers and building new plants in China and Mexico? Is it really that difficult?

Last edited by Jammer; 10-05-2009 at 06:59 PM..