View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #103 (permalink)
shovel
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post

How do I measure Moisture content? I have the test tube to measure Ethanol content if that helps.
Although I do admit that I get irritated when I see what looks like a clear personal bias against ethanol (not talking ONLY of you Nerys, and it's nothing personal ) - I also am posting in this thread to be helpful, not confrontational.

As we've established, if we are to go with the assumption that everyone here has shared their true experiences, we are left with you having severe problems using E10 and me having no problems whatsoever, and there is nothing remarkable about any of our vehicles really.

I'm wondering, is there inexpensive equipment that anyone could obtain to compare some basic properties of the fuels they use? Specific gravity, moisture content, etc? Like those antifreeze test kits for example... It may genuinely be that the oxygenated gas I buy here (pump states "may contain up to 10% ethanol") has significant differences from what you get. For one thing our air is not very humid, and our soil is dry - deserts being what they are - so fuels wouldn't naturally absorb much water during storage, transfer into the fuel tank, and from the air charge entering the engine alongside the fuel.