View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
900hp/3000lb, and 450hp/2300lb. 3.33lbs per hp vs 5.11lbs per hp, it's simple math. 3.33lbs per hp will outrun 5.11lbs per hp, that's what I meant by not comparable:rolleyes:.

I know exactly what e85 does, and it's high octane, it's good stuff, it's just easier to use meth kit. get some low comp pistons and you won't have to worry about detonation. Back in the day I was running 18psi on 93 octane and 27psi on meth with intercooler, I blew a head gasket once I believe, but that was it, ran it that way for 3 years and 50xxx miles, the motor had 170xxx miles on it when I started modding it, to this day it still runs good in my buddies car with well over 300xxx miles on it, but he doesn't run more than 10psi though.
Great, now consider gearing and aerodynamics, both of which will slow you down considerably when not given as part of that equation.

The whole point wasn't to say that a domestic couldn't beat an import, or vice versa. The point was that you seem to think that making BIG POWER with LITTLE ENGINE is somehow not as impressive as the Mustang that everyone has seen, is familiar with, is tried and true, tested and bested, time and time again.

Meth injection isn't any easier than running E85 once the system is setup. Dual map ECU (can be done with OEM parts), and pulling a plug, then adding fuel? What's so difficult about filling up and flipping a switch?

Why would you want low-comp pistons when you can get more power and better efficiency at higher dynamic compression ratios? Do you even know the difference between static compression and dynamic compression?

Alright, fine, I'll agree with you - there is no comparison. The Honda would be a marvelous sight, while the same old Mustang would just be the same old Mustang.

By the way, I don't remember the OP setting forth a goal to specifically beat any type of car while racing... I think he said something along the lines of 10.xx @ xxx in the 1/4 mile... Where does that require a discussion about how a Mustang with X hp could beat his car?