View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
nemesis
EcoModding Apprentice

rusty - '00 ford mustang coupe
90 day: 24.31 mpg (US)

cbr929 - '00 honda cbr929 fast
90 day: 39.54 mpg (US)

Porshe - '06 Kawasaki zx10r
90 day: 47.21 mpg (US)

truck - '96 ford ranger
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Great, now consider gearing and aerodynamics, both of which will slow you down considerably when not given as part of that equation.

The whole point wasn't to say that a domestic couldn't beat an import, or vice versa. The point was that you seem to think that making BIG POWER with LITTLE ENGINE is somehow not as impressive as the Mustang that everyone has seen, is familiar with, is tried and true, tested and bested, time and time again.

Meth injection isn't any easier than running E85 once the system is setup. Dual map ECU (can be done with OEM parts), and pulling a plug, then adding fuel? What's so difficult about filling up and flipping a switch?

Why would you want low-comp pistons when you can get more power and better efficiency at higher dynamic compression ratios? Do you even know the difference between static compression and dynamic compression?

Alright, fine, I'll agree with you - there is no comparison. The Honda would be a marvelous sight, while the same old Mustang would just be the same old Mustang.

By the way, I don't remember the OP setting forth a goal to specifically beat any type of car while racing... I think he said something along the lines of 10.xx @ xxx in the 1/4 mile... Where does that require a discussion about how a Mustang with X hp could beat his car?
You're the one bringing a mustang into this equation, not me, I am just comparing 2 cars with 900hp and 450hp, I already told you, my toy is not a mustang.

I said you could run low comp pistons so you can get away with using pump gas and meth.

Let me explain, filling up and flipping a switch is not as easy as just flipping a switch, I don't know how to explain this to you, it takes less calories to flip a meth kit switch then filling a tank with e85 and flipping a switch, I hope you get this one

Last edited by nemesis; 10-05-2009 at 11:24 PM..