View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
darcane -

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Honda, Toyota etc already fear those Koreans.... Japanese Automakers: Hyundai Biggest Threat

I keep hearing in the news that Hyundai is about the only car company that is improving sales numbers right now... and they are doing it by taking market share from others. And the others will have to change because of it.

Mike
Yeah, I used to call Kia "the new Hyundai" for when they entered the auto market in the mid 1980's. But Kia seems to be improving a lot faster than Hyundai did. People need to understand that Hyundai was already a huge manufacturer before it got into the car biz.

Hyundai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Some of the best-known Hyundai divisions are Hyundai Motor Company - the world's 4th largest automaker[1] and one of the The Asian Four (with Toyota, Honda and Nissan)[2], Hyundai Heavy Industries - the world's largest shipbuilder, and Hynix - a top semiconductor manufacturer. Other companies currently or formerly controlled by members of Chung's extended family may be loosely referred to as a part of the Hyundai chaebol.
Hyundai Group underwent a massive restructuring following the 1997 East Asian financial crisis and the founder's death in 2001. Today many companies bearing the name Hyundai are legally unrelated to the Hyundai Group. Some of the larger former members of the conglomerate include Hyundai Group, Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, Hyundai Department Store Group, Hyundai Heavy Industries Group, and Hyundai Development Group.
Hyundai's got big pockets. I didn't know that Kia and Hyundai were so closely related.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society