View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #85 (permalink)
captainslug
Misanthropologist

BORK! - '89 Volvo 240 DL Wagon
90 day: 21.27 mpg (US)
Can I have my tax dollars back? I never have and never will have any interest in buying a car made by General Motors, nor does my employment or livelihood in any way depend on their continue existence.

Their commercial offerings have been complete garbage since their 1991 model year. My family owned a '90 GMC Suburban which lasted 17 years and survived being struck by two 10-point bucks. But friends who bought the 1991 Suburban or any of their trucks past that point had constant issues with all kinds of nonsensical components. Anything from suspensions giving way, to door handles and tachometers just breaking for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
My friends and I see basic affordable quality health care as a Constitutional right that is self evident.
Well then you better work on getting it included because as the document is now it's definitely not in there.
As currently written, nobody has a Constitutional right to possess something they're not willing to make a financial priority above other discretionary expenses.
I certainly don't have a Constitutional right to food, shelter, or utilities.

Last edited by captainslug; 10-10-2009 at 12:47 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to captainslug For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-10-2009)