View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Malus
Concerned human

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
The point here is that EMF is already generated in every ICE vehicle by the alternator. Furthermore EMF in a hybrid is sufficiently distant from the driver/passengers and shielded by sheet metal for any emf reaching the occupants to be miniscule. Considering most people use cell phones the thought that EMF from an electric car could be dangerous is laughable. Do you use an electric stove? Better wear a lead apron. Wait... lead is poisonous...

If you are afraid of very low frequency EMF (you shouldn't be) better not use the following:
vacuum cleaner
electric stove
computer
baseboard heaters
hair dryer
power tools
cell phone
cordless phone
electricity
etc.

I'm not saying exteremely high EMF is not dangerous, just that EMF from an electric car is very small compared to may other sources that we encounter every day.
Actually, I'm almost electric free. I leave breakers off on areas I don't use, gotten rid of cellphone, use a plug in (with cord) phone. I also barbeque all year round (using the stove as minimal as possible), no microwave, no hairdryer. The list goes on to eliminate what I perceive (since there is no definitive conclusion, which by the way, seems pretty peculiar in its own right) to be "non-beneficial" to a healthier lifestyle. You're argument has no merit. You make it nearly impossible for anyone to have a comment against EMF, using the angle that if you have any electrical device, you're a hypocrite (trap argument). BTW, you also thinks its ok to compound the problem with possibly more problems. Why have a half glass of poison when we can top it up with a full one, or, even have two. You see, I'm trying to eliminate problems, not add them. Feel free to do as you wish, but, don't state "opinions" as "facts".