View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #105 (permalink)
Eddles
EcoModding Apprentice

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Sorry I always get a kick out who's/what is a import...

I am in Phoenix AZ. USA and to us/me a Vauxhall with a Iszuz motor is a car made somewere other than the USA (even if they do have a factory here...) and thus is called and considered a " Import..."

Rich
BTW I just remembered - the Astra isn't quite an import - the Saturn Astra is the same as the Vauxhall Astra (MK5) - however it's the next model after my Vauxhall Astra (MK4). Despite this, the Vauxhall Astra MK5 1.7 TDI uses the Circle L engine as does my MK4 1.7 TDI but I highly doubt the USA will use a Polish diesel engine! Also just as well, the MK5's Circle L uses common rail injection, while my MK4's Circle L has bog standard direct injection, so no help here anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
OH OK and with a totally machinacal injector system???

If so there is no pulse to a injector for these to work on.

Rich
No. It has electronic injection - just that the actual metering is done in the fuel pump, not the injectors itself. After all, my engine can do DFCO - that's not possible with mechanical injectors. I just need to find the correct wire between the main computer and the injector computer - I'm just hoping it's pulsed. If it's not, I'm buggered.

Not quite sure how an diesel with totally mechanical injectors can emit less than 119g/km of CO2 anyway!

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km