Thread: Newbie in WY
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Moose05
EcoModding Lurker

Moosemobile - '05 Subaru Outback
90 day: 24.66 mpg (US)
Newbie in WY

I've visited this site a few times in the past, but never really hung around too much. After keeping track of my fuel economy for a few fill-ups, I remembered this site and thought that maybe I could get a few more mpg with a little help. I Drive a 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon. I just installed a lightweight (not underdrive) crank pulley and installed new Iridium spark plugs; I use 5w30 Mobile1 synthetic oil. I would like to make the front of the car a little more aerodynamically friendly- couple ideas are: lexan over the fog lights and grills, and an under body cover. I like the high ground clearance and I'll probably get some A/T tires soon, which I know aren't good for fuel economy, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little economy for more utility.

I would greatly appreciate some ideas on how to implement the aero-mods (materials, securing, etc.) and I'm always open to new ideas.

I hope to learn a lot from all the smart people I've seen so far in the threads here!

oh, how can I attach the cool green ecomodder.com fuel economy tag as a signature? I like that thing!