View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #142 (permalink)
taredog
EcoModding Lurker

pickup - '01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport
90 day: 16.35 mpg (US)

Focus - '16 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.46 mpg (US)
45RFE transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
Mole hills, my friend, mole hills. Out here cars come standard with a rate of climb indicator and an altimeter. Pressurized cabin is an option.

I guess Toyota didn't get the memo. Mine are 12V+ The injectors are grounded at the ECU but not the shift and TCC solenoids.

Taredog, Glad to have you on board. I can't help you with yours but you will be blazing a trail for others that do. Did you look for a kit? There are kits for some vehicles that are not too $$$ and they would come with wiring diagrams. Also, did you try any Dodge forums? Lots of guys doing it there or know how to.
LOL. I have driven through your territory. All in the eye of the beholder. Around here the elevation changes are measured in feet but an hour north they go from 1000-7000 in a few miles.

I hadn't read you entire post until now so didn't realize you were talkin to me.

I looked for kits, the Dodge and Jeep guys seem to be ignoring lockup on demand pretty much. There are several that have either reflashed or replaced the TCM to make the tranny a five speed so I am not blazing any trails on that. The problem seems to be that the Jeep TCM doesn't lock up the TC until about 50mph and doesn't shift in to fifth until about 55. All this can be dealt with eventually.

Should be interesting.