View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #338 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Well, I must admit, it now appears GM is going full speed forward with building The Volt. The way they were talking I had some doubts, thus this thread.... Now I am hearing from the workers strong rumors of GM shifting jobs around and getting ready to re-tool for The Volt etc... Some jobs from Pontiac Mi are said to be transferred to a plant in Flint, Mi where my father used to work. Sad to say though, that there not talking about A LOT of jobs, a hundred or two here, a hundred or two there, nothing that will put a dent in the Michigan economy where many of these jobs will be. I also heard something about some Temp workers being planed for- that's something the OLD GM would of never done because the UAW would of stood against it. But now many new changes are in effect.

I still wonder how the news of GM selling a car at a loss will resonate with the taxpayers of US and Canada. I'm not sure the average person can grasp the reasoning of selling a car at a loss for a couple years before making a profit on it.

Support American
Workers!