View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #144 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
I've been wanting to post to this thread for a while, but my HDD crashed and the shop manual was tied-up in a backup file.

This is what I'm running into from the shop manual (I have read this chapter at least 50 times and find something new each time) -- a summary:

Quote:
The lock-up valves control the range of lock-up according to valves A and B, and throttle valve B. When lock-up control solenoid valves A and B activate, modulator pressure changes. Lock-up control solenoid valves A and B are mounted on the torque converter housing, and are controlled by the TCM.
The Range:

The Algorithm:

(note the circled item -- any time the vehicle is in EOC, this value increases, is stored, and will not allow TC lockup until enough engine-on driving time has passed to even-out the load calculation)

The Schematic:

It may be hard to see, but TCM Pins A15 and A16 control the lockup (top right and the one right below on the diagram). It goes on to mention that each pinout is at 0v when not locked, battery voltage when locked. So theoretically, energizing (and isolating) each circuit at batt voltage would lockup each solenoid. The question has been, if I start cutting these and applying voltage, will it freak out and disable the system or worse?

RH77

_
_

Last edited by RH77; 10-25-2009 at 10:45 PM..