View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #374 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunchosen View Post
Not likely to be produced....

Leased maybe... to controlled environs... to people they know are going to praise it...
Oh it WILL be produced!

Why am I so sure? I know a few people that work for GM, either directly or in-directly and all indicators are they are getting reading and making plans for a massive re-tooling for The Volt. Flint Michigan (my old home town) will get some of the work.

Since I first posted this thread (OP) I have heard a lot of rumblings from GM workers. From everything I have been told, they are going forward with building this car. But we still do not know exactly what the FINAL product will look like- as many people have pointed out to me - all of the mules on the road today could be changed in mass production, they may not reflect exactly what the production car will be, and nobody REALLY knows if the car will priced in the $40,000 range or not- That's mostly what some GM engineers have told the media from what I have traced. The competition is also going to be building plug-in hybrids soon too. So, we really should not be so certain we know what the finally production Volt will look like and be sold for. These things still have time to change. Many details of this car are not certain right now, and it is rather unprecedented for GM/Chevy to ever be this open about any car they have made in history. Anything could be up and be unknown to all of us at this time. But indicators are they are starting to make moves to build the car. I base this on what people on the inside of GM are saying openly.

Support American
Workers!