View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Johnny Mullet will chime in with parts information, for sure. He seems to be the source on these cars/engines.

Regarding Hydrogen, sure, it will burn, but you'd probably want to find a better way to make it work than an on-car generator. The general consensus seems to be that it just doesn't work that way, and the math seems to support that conclusion. Hydrogen as a fuel will work, but "HHO" or "Brown's Gas" on-car generators require more fuel than they produce, so the net effect is negative, or none at all.

You could look into "Singh Grooves", there are lots of interesting threads on the 'net about them, and the theory, at least, is seemingly sound. Plus, the "inventor" has no financial agenda, and shows the results without trying to sell you something, which lessens the chance that he'd be lying about his gains, although it's still possible that the whole thing is a fallacy.

I have yet to see any quantitative testing done on it, but when I go pick up Samus, if I have to rebuild her engine, I'll probably do it.

This also should probably be moved to here, I think.

Last edited by Christ; 10-29-2009 at 08:41 PM..