View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
The heaviest Chevrolet Cavalier was 2,665# Curb Weight - the heaviest Honda Accord was some 2,900# Curb Weight... where'd that half ton come from? I only see ~250lbs... Two fit passengers?! Those two cars are also ~10 years apart, w/ the Cavalier being the older model.

Airbags can go off after the fact, gas can explode mid-rescue, cars sitting in precarious positions can be tilted correctly and fall on you. Hell, lightning could strike a rescue worker dead.

IF a person chooses to drive a hybrid, and the rescue worker must be retrained as a result, so be it. If you're among the first group of people to do something, you have to expect that not every part of that "something" will be addressed immediately.

You think coal mining was anywhere near as clean as it is even now, say 100 years ago?

Give me a break. This is exactly the same thing as saying that X isn't safe because Y and Z, and all those things being just as bad as the previous "new invention" from the decade before.

Electric cars have been around since the 1800's, there's no real reason they shouldn't still be in use.

Stating a specific amount of voltage that it takes to kill a person is a farce, as well. 100 volts is a far cry from 50 volts, there is a major difference between AC and DC, and the voltage doesn't matter as much when the amps are lower. I've personally been hit with 440 AC at 2 amps, it feels the same as 110 AC at 10 amps, except it's able to arc further. So in both scenarios, I should be dead right now, correct? Watts are the only real way to discuss how much energy it would take to kill a person with electricity, as a common denominator from which you can draw any combination of V and A.

You've obviously been working an agenda in the last few posts you've made, there's no point in trying to deny that.

So what is the motive for posting this stuff? (Respect for the truth instead of a cop-out.)