View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Not more of the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCO2 View Post
That SMART crash at 70MPH was just brutal! I think if more people saw that video they would agree it's a little more safe then most people give it credit for!

I was laughing really hard too when he showed that the passenger side door was in perfect condition...gotta love good ol' fiber glass body structures! They tend to shatter rather then bend so either the door will be fine like it was on the passenger side or it won't exist, like on the driver's side.
It doesn't matter what you're driving, 70MPH into a wall will likely kill you in ANYTHING.

There are 4 collisions in an accident:
  1. The Vehicle into either another vehicle or stationary object
  2. The human body against the restraint or vehicle part
  3. Human organs inside the body cavity (or external: retinal sepraration)
  4. ...and the "Opposite Reaction": the recoil: Often times the brain striking the back of the skull as the forces reverse from the impact

The chances you take as a free-thinking human being are dictated by numerous factors. Dying in a vehicle accident is less likely than cancer, heart disease, etc -- but you don't see people here preaching a healthy diet and exercise?

My take -- it's all BS to get people to buy bigger vehicles for a false sense of security + selfishness. If you're offended, no apologies.

RH77

_
_