View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
vielecustoms
button presser

TAVs Prius - '10 Toyota Prius IV
90 day: 50.86 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to vielecustoms Send a message via MSN to vielecustoms Send a message via Yahoo to vielecustoms
Doing something wrong?

I know this is going to seem strange. I may be doing something wrong here but my car seems to get worse mpg when I am taking it easy, than when I am driving normal? I have been driving with constant speed, and trying to keep a cirtian mpg on the scangauge, avoiding hard acceleration, gliding down hills in neutral, changed my route to a flatter, shorter one. I have not been lugging the engine but I am not hammering on it either. my scangauge is off showing more mpg than the car actually got last time (usually it is showing less than actual),
but this last fill up I was driving normal and got really good mileage compared to when I was taking it easy and trying to get better mpgs. Part of the problem is I used a diffrent gas station, because it was on the way (mobil), vs the one that is close to my apartment(sunoco). but I am getting the best results from the sunoco so I will get my gas exclusively from there from now on.

any tips or pointers?

Last edited by vielecustoms; 11-21-2009 at 09:21 AM..