View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Oval_Overload
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
I think you've got your ecomobiles confuseled :P The Wheego has only been on the market for a couple months, and ZENN is no longer made. You'll have to check your state laws regarding NEVs, because it will determine how fast these cars can go. In Minnesota, NEVs are street legal to 35 mph.

The Wheego is awesome IMHO. Its solid as a rock and comes with every option you'd expect in a car. The seats are comfy, the interior is stylish, there is room in the back for a month's worth of groceries, and people stop to tell me how cuuuute it is. The manufacturer stated range is 40 miles, but with all things, your mileage will vary.

Up front is a HUGE AC motor and Curtis inverter, both made in the USA (I'm told the motor comes from Milwaukee). Out back is a 96VDC Discover gel cell traction pack.

In stock form, the Wheego will chirp the tire at every light, and the regen... you'll probably never need a brake job

With a little bit of futsing around under the hood, I got the Wheego up to 62 MPH *BE WARNED changing the speed settings is not endorsed by the manufacturer, and as an NEV, this may be illegal in some states*

Honestly, I've always laughed at NEV's until this car came along. Its the only NEV I'd buy, and the fact that it qualifies for a $7500 tax credit doesn't hurt

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.