Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
How come I can't get a job as an EV mechanic? LOL. I'd love to do that, even for less money than I'm making now... there are a few jobs that I wouldn't really care what I made, as long as I was doing one of those jobs. I'd love to install solar panels, for instance.

You got a great job, there. Hopefully it lasts through the economic fart we've got going on.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
When gas prices shoot up again, I'll have it made and everyone on here will be a celebrity. I was walking the skyways yesterday when a Zap Zero passed underneath. It made my day to see a car I worked on drive by.

FYI prices have been creeping up in my area. Every fill-up costs a few cents more than the last.

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oval_Overload View Post
When gas prices shoot up again, I'll have it made and everyone on here will be a celebrity. I was walking the skyways yesterday when a Zap Zero passed underneath. It made my day to see a car I worked on drive by.

FYI prices have been creeping up in my area. Every fill-up costs a few cents more than the last.
I threatened to send gas cans with my wife because she pays around $0.25 per gallon less than I do.

I see the prices rising every day, and I see myself getting closer and closer to dumping all my other projects and installing a diesel into something and a BD reactor somewhere.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Who makes these cars? My wife would want one. Watt
Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Hey Watt, which cars do you want to know about?

~Jimbo

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Do they still make the Wheego? We have a dealership that sells the zenn,
zapcar and miles, but the wife is partial to the small black car. Watt
Old 11-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

I think you've got your ecomobiles confuseled :P The Wheego has only been on the market for a couple months, and ZENN is no longer made. You'll have to check your state laws regarding NEVs, because it will determine how fast these cars can go. In Minnesota, NEVs are street legal to 35 mph.

The Wheego is awesome IMHO. Its solid as a rock and comes with every option you'd expect in a car. The seats are comfy, the interior is stylish, there is room in the back for a month's worth of groceries, and people stop to tell me how cuuuute it is. The manufacturer stated range is 40 miles, but with all things, your mileage will vary.

Up front is a HUGE AC motor and Curtis inverter, both made in the USA (I'm told the motor comes from Milwaukee). Out back is a 96VDC Discover gel cell traction pack.

In stock form, the Wheego will chirp the tire at every light, and the regen... you'll probably never need a brake job

With a little bit of futsing around under the hood, I got the Wheego up to 62 MPH *BE WARNED changing the speed settings is not endorsed by the manufacturer, and as an NEV, this may be illegal in some states*

Honestly, I've always laughed at NEV's until this car came along. Its the only NEV I'd buy, and the fact that it qualifies for a $7500 tax credit doesn't hurt

Quote:
Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

I could have gotten a ZENN 4 seater open-air coupe (not sure of the model designation) a few months ago for $2,000 with a fresh traction pack in it, but I passed... Didn't figure it worthwhile on the country roads out here.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

When did the zenn car stop production? Seems these cars come and go very quickly. Maybe the dealer will sell wheegos in their place? There is a family near here that have two zenn, and a person at a nearby college uses a zap truck. So they must be legal here. My wife was asking how much one would
be with the 7500. credit. Watt
Old 11-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
I have seen GEM being repaired a lot for frame failure, then heard from a Zenn owner about many small problems- which added up to months of downtime and lots of money, Alius never made it, Aptera never made it, Zap PU sold 2 here and then the business sued Zap- so no more new ones have appeared, the Triac was promised over a year and when it finally came- it was in very poor quality. The 2 person Myers 3-wheeler is just in the "coming soon" mode.

"Red flags" all over the place looking for another 3-wheel electric (my City-EL is not holding a charge anymore so I don't trust it).

I got tired of waiting so bought a cheap Ford Probe "4 banger". I'll go aero or something with it. I tried to sell the C-EL before- just pushed it into the corner of the garage.

Reply  Post New Thread