View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
dremd
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
I'll go ahead and recite a few bits from when I attempted to inform this guy about, lets just say physics.

All of these took place over a day while I was installing something or another on my buddies car.

Began with him trying to talk me in to going in to business with him.
He claimed to have owned a "high end" auto body shop in town (that I had never heard of" that he closed down for some not plausible reason.
Me:" That's all fine and dandy as a money making proposition, but you do know that it doesn't work, right?"

Him: "Bull****! I can't believe all of these people who say that it doesn't work, it does! I know at least 10 people that are getting 50+ out of full size trucks." and threw in a few bits about government/ corporate conspiracies.

Me: Have you ever thought about another fuel saving mod, like a grill block?"
Him:" That's dumb, for engines to be efficient they need as much air as they can get."
Me:" Just enough to stay cool and run"
him: "Totally not true, and if it was it would be better to let the air flow through rather than block it"
Me: "No, ever seen what NASCAR does up front?"

Showed him aerocivic's web page
Him: " That's dumb why doesn't he just get an HHO generator and drive a truck, he'd get the same milage"
Me: "No"
Him: Well look how dumb he is everybody knows that the important part is the front, he has all of that garbage hanging off the back wasting fuel"

Italked to his room mate a few weeks later, he said that all of his experiments had failed and that he was quitting the business. I guess he decided to change his mind.

Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon