View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Traced another few wires down.

(IGSW) Is the Main hybrid ECU power signal. (Not in the posted diagram) This wire traces from the hybrid ECU through the ignition key switch to the battery/DC-DC block.

(IGCT) The white/green in the EWD I posted seems to be the common power signal to all ECUs plus the converter. I traced it to an IGCT (ignition switch) relay controlled by the main hybrid ECU. The switch closes to a 12V battery/DC-DC common block.

(S) Black-red seems to be the supply power to the DC-DC. Fused. Goes back to the battery block #2. Not switched. If the battery were isolated by a relay then I would guess this to be the charging wire.

(NODD) The L-O ( blue orange? ) may be the amp or voltage lead. My bet is on Voltage since it is stated in the manual that the ECU judges a fault by comparing DC-DC output voltage to line voltage.

The yellow (IDH) which goes to the A/C amplifier may be a different voltage or perhaps the A/C is designed to shut down if the DC-DC fails to save battery power. Not important in any event

Also terminal block #1 on the right hand side of the engine compartment houses the 100A DC-DC fuse in the top left corner. Unfortunately difficult to remove because it's screwed to the block from below so the inverter has to come out to get to it.

Those are my best guesses.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.