View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
supersupereight
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex99 View Post
Marty,
I also own a 2000 C5 and am very active in ecomodding activities on my car.
I did some very successful underbody mods and other things ranging from Engine software changes like lean-cruise to solar cells to engine and trans heaters for cold starts.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ette-9108.html
I use the Vette as my daily driver with current hwy mpgs between 28-31 (A4 with H/C LS1). My city average is 20 mpg.
Regarding the Scangauge, I think we can get away without one because we can display instantaneous MPG in our instrument cluster, which is very helpful i driving economically.
My next steps are an underdrive pulley for the cankshaft and maybe an electric waterpump. I've also looked into converting to an electric powersteering pump. There are many options out there that might make sense but they all involve some work and $$.
Alex
Hi Alex

Many thanks for your response and making me feel right at home. Good ideas come from many places and yours certainly seem like they would net results.

Seeing your Aero c5 post and pics now inspires me to give it a try. Although off the rear I was thinking flat tray and vertical fins.. ie venturi tunnel

I have the cardboard ready And Im going to start cutting and fashioning my idea until I have something that seems like it will work. I hope I can bounce these ideas off you and we can work together to achieve real results.

Id like to know more about the other mods youve done IE solar/Electric punps etc..
Keep me posted

And happy motoring!!

Marty
BKVETTE