View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I'm in a pretty laid back area, where as long as you're not hurting anyone, they don't say too much. If you get too many complaints of a legal nature, they come to see you personally.

On top of that, where I'm building my house, there are no law officials. Only the state police, which are approx 45 minutes away, and could really care less as long as there wasn't any seriously bad things going on.

I mean, if you kill someone, they'll be there. Then again, given the rash of break-ins that has occurred, and the comments the police got the last time they were at my Father's house, I doubt they'd even bother to come out.

I literally told the officer: "That field there - that's a swamp. All due respect, Sir, by the time y'all get here, the suspect would either be gone, or gone. No two ways about it."

His response, as seems to be normal from the state police that patrol my neck of the woods - "Less paperwork for us, less tax money spent on court cases, and one less **** for brains loser on the streets making everyone's life miserable. Win/Win."

Of course, I won't mention names, because they're not allowed to advocate this form of martial law, but I don't find it surprising that they're tired of coming out this way.

Last edited by Christ; 12-04-2009 at 08:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
The Atomic Ass (12-04-2009)