View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Domman56
Master EcoModder

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Yeah, but you've got aerodynamics and weight against you, and many of us have experience with those same vehicles as well.

I didn't say it wasn't believable, but given the context of all your posts to date that I've read, I just figured that it, too, was only happening in your head. (Although I didn't say it in text.)

Of course, I can't say it and mean it, because I don't know. I haven't tested the idea, I don't have scientific data, and I can't provide any evidence to prove one way or the other whether you're actually getting that FE or not, therefore, any argument I would make to either direction would be simply conjecture, meaningless drivel of words on a screen. (Get the idea yet?)

Remember, personal impressions are just that - Personal. Let's keep personal data labeled as such, and try to back up our claims with data from now on? (Unless you're qualifying your claims with an identifier that makes it known that it's only personal opinion, and no controlled testing has been done to attempt to show otherwise.)

haha well it's the most aerodynamic truck you can get being that low to the ground haha I mean i've seen 91 silverado's with the same motor getting 21 MPG on the freeway

Ok but the last two fuel logs are data i don't know how to show that that's just the two most recent times i have ddriven my car so i posted the info