Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
I've also seen decent mileage from full size vehicles, so I can't say anything to that. I think it's plausible, but I'm not placing much stock in it, TBH.

__________________
"ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 12-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
mcrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,523

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Thanks: 2,203
Thanked 658 Times in 474 Posts
Jeep,
The 89 TownCar: designed for old people, was 9 yrs 'newer', had an overdrive tranny and a highway rearend gear........
so given your facts .......the el camino can't do 24mpg!!! lol

I mean you just proved my point.....
heck by 86 the 'new vette' could do 28mpg on the highway, but it had a 6 speed auto tranny.....AND that was highway not 90 day total.

THe el camino was a truck!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
Domman,
I'm really sorry, but given the 'level' of you posts for the last 24hours, I can't 'buy' what your sellin on your ride.
You claim 24+ mpg over 90 days on a 76 chevy el camino that has a 305 and weighs 4500 lbs. What.....is it downhill both ways to your job?????
Yeah guys I've got picss of the cars just haven't had tiime to post them, The el camino is mine The mercedes is my dad's He colle ts mercedes'

No it gets 25 MPG on freeway runs
and if you know anything about chevy motors you know the chevy 305 is the most fuel efficient V8 they made heck the 1990 Chevy caprice got 27MP EPA rated on the highway and that's running a 305 If my car was a bit more fuel efficient it'd help alot. That's why i'm getting a tonneau cover soon
haha actually it only weighs 4490 now, I got a turndown and that saved a few pounds haha. But in all honesty when you really think about it a 2 barrel 305 with advanced timing and overdrive with 2.56 gears isnt really that hard to get 24MPG in
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I've also seen decent mileage from full size vehicles, so I can't say anything to that. I think it's plausible, but I'm not placing much stock in it, TBH.
24MPG isn't really all that great idk why Anyone has that hard a time believing it i know lots of 80's GM sedans that can get over 20 MPG on the freeway it's not great in the city but when you're put putting along at 65 with a 2 barrel it doesn't use much gas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNmpg2 View Post
Not to play kettle in this, but it is possible... I used to get between 22-25 mpg in an 89 Lincoln Towncar with the 5.0 V8 (yeah, you know I'm talking about the square boat) and that was in late fall, winter dropped it down to around 20. It takes a really light foot to keep the tranny shifting low in the RPM range, but that car did great under 70 mph. I don't have much else to say but the "proof is at the pump".

Additionally, I did have tires that were an inch larger in diameter than stock.
yeah that's about right my grandma's 1991 towncar gets about 21 on the freeway but like 14 in the city haha old american cars are just tooo heavy to be fuel efficient around the city but they are very good on the highway when it comes to gas most of the time
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domman56 View Post
24MPG isn't really all that great idk why Anyone has that hard a time believing it i know lots of 80's GM sedans that can get over 20 MPG on the freeway it's not great in the city but when you're put putting along at 65 with a 2 barrel it doesn't use much gas
Yeah, but you've got aerodynamics and weight against you, and many of us have experience with those same vehicles as well.

I didn't say it wasn't believable, but given the context of all your posts to date that I've read, I just figured that it, too, was only happening in your head. (Although I didn't say it in text.)

Of course, I can't say it and mean it, because I don't know. I haven't tested the idea, I don't have scientific data, and I can't provide any evidence to prove one way or the other whether you're actually getting that FE or not, therefore, any argument I would make to either direction would be simply conjecture, meaningless drivel of words on a screen. (Get the idea yet?)

Remember, personal impressions are just that - Personal. Let's keep personal data labeled as such, and try to back up our claims with data from now on? (Unless you're qualifying your claims with an identifier that makes it known that it's only personal opinion, and no controlled testing has been done to attempt to show otherwise.)
__________________
"ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Yeah, but you've got aerodynamics and weight against you, and many of us have experience with those same vehicles as well.

I didn't say it wasn't believable, but given the context of all your posts to date that I've read, I just figured that it, too, was only happening in your head. (Although I didn't say it in text.)

Of course, I can't say it and mean it, because I don't know. I haven't tested the idea, I don't have scientific data, and I can't provide any evidence to prove one way or the other whether you're actually getting that FE or not, therefore, any argument I would make to either direction would be simply conjecture, meaningless drivel of words on a screen. (Get the idea yet?)

Remember, personal impressions are just that - Personal. Let's keep personal data labeled as such, and try to back up our claims with data from now on? (Unless you're qualifying your claims with an identifier that makes it known that it's only personal opinion, and no controlled testing has been done to attempt to show otherwise.)

haha well it's the most aerodynamic truck you can get being that low to the ground haha I mean i've seen 91 silverado's with the same motor getting 21 MPG on the freeway

Ok but the last two fuel logs are data i don't know how to show that that's just the two most recent times i have ddriven my car so i posted the info
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domman56 View Post
haha well it's the most aerodynamic truck you can get being that low to the ground haha I mean i've seen 91 silverado's with the same motor getting 21 MPG on the freeway

Ok but the last two fuel logs are data i don't know how to show that that's just the two most recent times i have ddriven my car so i posted the info
Great! Lets see more of it! And, as long as you're staying, welcome to EM, and happy motoring!
__________________
"ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Here's a pic of my elco I'll post a few later

Also my dad used to own a detailing company so my car is ALLLWAYS Clean and detailed that helps a little with gas too

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lancaster Ca
Posts: 362

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Great! Lets see more of it! And, as long as you're staying, welcome to EM, and happy motoring!
haha oh yeah i'm staying Question though it's startin to get cold out here how do you think it'll effect mileage? does it make much of a difference?

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repepping the CRX (plans and advice thread) SVOboy EcoModding Central 33 09-01-2009 07:22 PM
Build Thread Key Postings Index Experiment. TestDrive Forum News & Feedback 7 02-15-2009 09:53 PM
The UnNamed Wagon's build thread - Let it begin! Work in Progress XFi EcoModding Central 38 08-01-2008 01:21 AM
Change a thread title? wagonman76 Forum News & Feedback 3 06-27-2008 07:40 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com