View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Honda to used the EPA numbers in it's adverising. If honda didn't believe those numbers to be accurate, then they shouldn't appear anywhere other than the gov mandated window sticker. I hope more people take manufacuturers to task on this point. I'm tired I seeing inflated FE claims in every car ad. GM is pushing 7 seat SUVs that get 32mpg. If that's not false advertising I don't know what is.
These numbers are nowhere near inflated in my opinion. Inflated would be Toyota using the Japanese government rating of 89 mpg or whatever it is. That's pretty out of reach for almost everyone.

As Tim said, if the cars we broken, Honda would have fixed them. Clearly these drivers just bought a toy, broke it, then complained about how it was someone else's fault it broke. We're not blaming the victim, we're asking people to take responsibility for themselves. Honda made a car nearly everyone was happy with. If a few weren't, perhaps they should consider they bought the wrong car or mistreated it, rather than getting all sue-happy.