View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #117 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saima122 View Post
Crude Oil price charts, Heating Oil & Commodities. Plus Articles & Analysis on Oil, Natural Gas, Metals and Alternative Energy. Free Oil Prices and Energy
Have you got a chart for Geo Thermal hook ups? My father got some for hearing and cooling their very big house they own (I am tempted to call it a Manson), and the electricity bills are almost 1/2 what they were this time last year.

I talked to the manager as they drilled the 3 deep wells for the coils and he said his business was so busy he had a back log and might need to expand. My father used to pay close to $500 in electricity charges doing 0 degree windy months- however thats the SAME price as my friends with 70 foot trailers often get charged because the buildings have almost no insulation and tons of leaky windows.

All of the new taxpayer-paid for buildings in this area are coming with Geo-thermal as well (Schools, hospitals, libraries etc,) as it is a very much proven method to save electricity on heating and cooling. The cost of Geo Thermal is coming down too and much of it can be taken off one's taxes. My fathers Geo-Thermal cost $15,000 - BUT a tax write-off made a world of difference for him.

Support American
Workers!