View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaspirit View Post
you got a great write up going

hopefully you got those visors cheap
(i looked into them for my ride and they were pricey)
spoon mirrors are always bad ass too

i think i like the plug for the block heater the most tho

(i want one even tho i have nothing to plug in)
Thanks!
I did get the visors cheap, in fact for free...they were a birthday gift But yes the weathertech stuff is not cheap, but the quality is worth the price as well as the customer service.
I had the passenger side fall off on a trip by some freak act of nature. Sent them an email the next day asking if there was anything that could be done or if I could purchase just the passenger side. One hour after I sent the email I recieved and email stating that the passenger side was being shipped out today and had a tracking number already at no cost to me. the part arrived just 16 hours after me sending the initial email! So Weathertech gets two thumbs up from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
What kind of plug did you use there?
Marinco recessed plug is what I used, and the link is for the cheapest I could find it shipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oval_Overload View Post
Make sure the contacts stay dry! After 3 years of use, the plug on a customer's delivery truck corroded and the rust dribbled across the contacts. The car still worked, but plugging it in unbalanced the electrical system in half our building.

~Jimbo
The plug is protected from getting splashed by the OEM splash shield in the wheel well as well as it has a rubber boot that fits real snug over the wires in the rear and the back of the plug itself. I also put a dab of black RTV to completely seal up the wires in the back.

The Following User Says Thank You to TomO For This Useful Post:
Xist (05-27-2015)