View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Would that be one of the many articles you have in your collective book marks?

I'd love to see reference made to the Storm in any type of Eco-car.

I'm still not sure what engine I'll install in mine, I do believe that #1 rod is broken or the bearing is toast. Knocking sound when cranking, engine won't start. THere are lots of blocks that fit, but they all require extraneous work to run. I may just use the OE 1.6 for now, if I can find one.

Of course, I'm also going to be looking into what kinds of aero improvements I can make, taking major cues from the EV1.

Arragonis -

Sure, and if you come across any more, feel free to let them join the party! I'm interested specifically in cars that had obvious aero advantages for this thread, and especially anything with a small, efficient engine/drivetrain.
Christ,the article was about MacCready and what he had accomplished with AeroVironment.
Within the article,he discussed how the GM Sunraycer would make a 400-mpg car,and after qualifying a powertrain,made the mpg association to the Impact/EV-1.
He never specifically mentions the Saturn or Storm,however,since the Storm did serve as a test mule,and it originally possessed the kind of powertrain he specified,I just made a mental leap,presuming an Impact-bodied Storm could achieve 100-mpg.I believe that is exactly the spirit of his comment.
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
Christ (12-27-2009)