View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
JeepNmpg2
Jeep Ecomodder

Daddy's Jeep - '00 Jeep Cherokee SE
90 day: 19.66 mpg (US)

Mama's Kia - '06 Kia Sedona LX
cut my MPG in half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
wow - even with bad parts clogged egr etc... I never got under 42mpg in my metro. My van never saw less than 13mpg even towing a 7000 pound trailer on Ethanol with the AC on!!

I just did not think it was possible under normal conditions to have such a massive swing in FE in a vehicle short of massive issues with the car.

I was just shocked is all :-)

well actually I don't think you CAN get 13mpg in that car. maybe 13mpg INSTANT reading maybe but average even over a few miles I don't think you can get 13mpg without REALLY hammering it or something.
I totally understand you man, but I had a pretty bad experience with my 2006 Kia Sedona (4700lb curb weight, EPA 25 HWY). It's pretty regular at getting anywhere from 22-26 mpg on the HWY at 70mph (my wife likes AC in the summer). But.... I made a trip from eastern Texas to western Washington and my average MPG was 14.6 with a midsized Uhaul trailer with a total weight of 2100 on one axle. Long story, 3000lbs of people and stuff + aero-deficiant trailer + running a day behind and going 75mph+ (went 85 for a solid day)= 13.2 as my lowest fillup and 18.8 as my highest actual tank mpg(mountains VS plains).