View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
mcrews
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I'm sure it's an oddity... But I blocked off the upper grill, and slowed down From 80 to 73, on my trip home from Denver yesterday. I filled up here in Los Alamos (when I got home).

I showed 37 MPGs. All other runs in the car (mostly highway with some city) have been 30. They have also been with the cruise set at 80-84ish, and not canceling it on hills (which there are TONS of around here.

Even if it was an oddity, it was super impressive! I was very excited to hit almost 40 MPG. (A mark, which in my mind is unreal!). I also noticed cruising at that speed is very 'peaceful' You have an occasional semi truck to pass, but all and all you just cruise.

The extra time required for that 400+ mile trip did kinda suck, but hey, for like 25% better mileage, it might just be worth it! I am going to try and make a proper upper grill block (Red Duct Tape right now) that does NOT involve ANY 'tape' Lol!
WELCOME Grasshopper!

There is certainly a ZEN to getting good mpg. I have had over 20 speeding tickets in my younger days. I was addicted. While the avalon (2000-05) helped, The Q (2005 to present) has brought a since of calm and enjoyment. Wait until u get any kind of a guage!!!!

So major congradulations

(don't forget......you polished the headlamps .......that's worth atleast .00005 mpgs)

seriously, when you get your ECOMODDER.COM sticker your automaticly ger 2 more mpgs
The Following User Says Thank You to mcrews For This Useful Post:
Jethro (01-03-2010)