View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
Yeah, I forgot all about the atomization thing, but at WOT Warm vs Cold air, I'd assume the Warm Air is always more fuel efficient since at WOT you can't just open the throttle more and therefore you're just making less power.

Anyways, how about adjustments to timing? Anybody have success with that? The car(s) I'm looking at will most likely be a Honda Integra/Civic/Accord or a Geo Metro (3 cylinder). So anyone with those cars, can you pitch in about that?
It depends on your usage...the smallest vehicle and engine combination is the FE winner. If you need something the size of an Accord, then the 4-cyl, manual is decent. There are other options...

From the Integra standpoint (and personal experience) -- it's heavy and has an engine that likes to make power more than Fuel Economy; however, it's very versatile: fun to drive, fold flat seats + hatchback = cargo capacity, reliability, handling, power when you need it, etc. Make absolutely sure it's a manual if you find one.

The Civic is a good choice -- depends on the year, style, number of miles, etc. Again, the manual transmission is key -- lighter weight models as well.

You can't go wrong with a Metro 3-banger: inspect for rust (owners here can tell you about the specifics).

RH77

_
_