View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Formula413
Renaissance Man

Aegean C - '17 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.8 mpg (US)
Congrats on the purchase! As another driver new to the hybrid game I know how much fun it is to see the awesome numbers these cars can pull. Like you, I was considering a Prius until I realized that even fairly high mileage examples still weren't going to be had cheaply. And ultimately I'm glad I went the route I did, because not only did I pay at least 3 grand less than I would have for a Prius with similar mileage, but I got to satisfy my stick shift fix (not even possible with current hybrids) and got a car with nice crisp handling too. I never test drove a Prius but if it's anything like other Toyotas it just doesn't have the involving driving experience that my Civic has. The more I drive it the more impressed I am with this car's handling. Even with 70 series tires it has very little lean or understeer and great road feel. As someone who appreicates good handling I'm curious what your driving impressions are of the Insight, did they keep the Honda genes or borrow some from Toyota?