View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #76 (permalink)
LostCause
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Vote? This is an all volunteer effort, you kind of have to take what you get, and you vote by rolling up your sleeves and doing something.

Note, my roadmap does not exclude the freedunio, it just makes the realistic assumption that it will take longer to develop a useable model with it. But having LOTS of programming experience, I can say that if you want a fancy GUI the job for that will be made a lot easier with decent tools, like a graphical IDE and an emulator, which I don't know if they exist for the dunio yet. But here are some screenshots for the free palm IDE and the open source OBDGauge that I'm going to be working on if anyone is interested (I deliberately misspelled "throttle" for a quick test:
Just because this is volunteer-based doesn't mean we can't concentrate our efforts. If people want to contribute, fine...but more work will get done if everyone is contributing for the same exact thing.

If we have one guy working on the Palm, another on the *duino, another on a 3 digit LCD, another w/ PIC's, another with BASIC Stamps...we could each be brilliant and yet go nowhere.

As you seem pretty set on the Palm, as do others, lets work with the Palm...

I think we all know my stance already: one extra component, unnecessarily complex, limited availability. However, I don't have the experience or know-how to fully stand behind my argument so I'm fine with switching. All I really care about is something useful actually being created...

If we can't agree, this will stay a one to two-man show. Volunteer doesn't mean take what you can get, it means give what you can. If we have clearly defined goals, then people can contribute as much as they wish.

Until then, I'll stand on the sidelines with interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2man View Post
How much does a MID cost?
In the $150 range, I think.

- LostCause

Last edited by LostCause; 03-22-2008 at 08:15 AM..