View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
LostCause
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I agree with this, but not to the abandoning of other approaches. For lots of reasons already mentioned in this thread, I prefer the *duino/LCD standalone route, and I want to pursue that as well.

I have a feeling that it will be easier for a rank novice developer (eg. me) to eventually make a working MPGuino than to develop the circuitry, interface & code for a Palm based gauge.

That said, I'd like to participate in/follow/possibly contribute to the Palm approach, since the person with the most experience wants to take that route.

I think we should probably start a new thread about it. E.G. to start with, those of us without Palms, will need advice on what to look for/avoid to buy one that will work with this project. (I don't have one/never used one.)
The voice of reason...

I suppose the majority of what is learned will translate over anyways. I've already learned techniques for getting signals (zener diode, etc.) that I had never thought of so I don't mind tagging along.

Quote:
Re: MID prices:

The cost is currently 20,000 JP Yen. It used to be in around $160 USD but the US currency slide has complicated things. Currently it works out to $200.81 USD.
We poh...

- LostCause