View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvit View Post
i have talked to a lot of dealers for many years.
i've only liked one guy. he was square. his name is Andy.

VanDervere Auto Outlet
3155 S. Arlington Rd.
Akron, OH 44312
800-218-7109, ask for Andy.

really, 99% of dealers suck. maybe 99.99%
No joke, my Grandma bought a new 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic from VanDevere on S. Arlington.

My Dad still has it, with 88K original miles, mint interior, and ... blown motor. Last year, a relative borrowed it for a while, the oil light came on, checked that the level was fine and kept driving. Apparently the transmission fluid was full. Oil? Dry. Yup, threw a rod.

It's for sale, and for the right price, it can be yours! Less than 28,000 were built of the last RWD Cutlass. Conveniently located in the Barberton Metro Area. Get it before it's gone! (or a new crate motor is dropped in to make it ridiculously inefficient). Serious collectors with serious money will be considered.

Back on topic, I've realized the same over the years after driving many new rental cars and having fun stopping by dealers when out of town (most of them didn't know much of anything about cars). Anyways, they don't make a car like the Integra anymore. We got the Insight out of necessity for a fuel efficient 4-door with some long-term reliability, but Teggy remains. Lots of life left in that car (and still fun to drive)...

RH77

_
_