View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #162 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
OH as far as diesel. **** MAN I WOULD LOVE TOO. but I can not afford it. I had a few 300D's but they maxed out at 35mpg so I got rid of them. (really loved those cars too 75 and 76 300D's last of the hand made mercede's)

the other problem is FIRST they are WAY beyond my financial means and SECOND I can only drive a select few diesels.

I need 4 person carrying capacity for my work commute. 2 seaters won't work as I never have less than 3 people in the car for my commute.

Second I am a very large critter. I a 6'4" - I tried. I simply DO NOT FIT in most of the Diesels I can gain access to (namely VW's) save one.

the beetle. It has enough head room for me. (the rest I literally can not sit my head straight I have to lean my head to the side to fit in the cars) the beetle gives me about 1 fingers space between my noggin and the roof.

The metro gives me zero space (I touch) but just barely ie no tilting of the head needed. A nasty "bump" in the road gives me a nice head bump though :-)

alas The diesel beetles never seem to go for less than $4500 which is well beyond what I can afford and THOSE are all private sale ie no payment arrangements can be made.

The dealer Diesel Beetles usually bottom out at around $6000

yeah I WISH I could afford one. Would solve a lot of my problems for sure. Would net me 52mpg without batting an eye I could make my own fuel to some extent No ethanol to worry about etc.. etc..

I keep dreaming :-)