View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #129 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECONORAM View Post
Do you happen to own a repair manual? It should have a wiring diagram that will show you where the wire is. All my diesel time is on cars w/o electronics in the injection system, so I can't help you with the cam sensor location. You might see if there is an optical sensor near the camshaft pulley, or find a mechanic at the Peugeot dealer who will tell you.
In the Killing a diesel thread Ecoxantia gave a link to a detailed text on HDi engines. I mentioned there that I found my cam sensor, but unplugging it didn't stop the engine, only prevented it from starting. Unplugging the crankshaft sensor had no effect (didn't stop engine, didn't prevent from starting, no code). I didn't get to try pulling both at the same time before it got cold, but my new approach will be either killing the low-pressure fuel pump, or grounding the fuel pressure sensor in the high-pressure rail. Both will have to wait until spring, as the car frozen solid (the last week saw temperatures as low as -30*C/-22*F, so the car wouldn't start anyway).

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread