View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Uhhhh.

MJ, I am using exactly what Aerohed described. I have analyzed the shape you posted here and have the results below. I hope it makes sense.

In this image I have placed your teardrop ideal and the ideal that Aerohed presented earlier. Your shape is the bright green one in this image. My shape is red. I have been extremely careful not to mess with any of the proportions of these shapes at anytime. Also, I have made a circle in my drawing program and have marked a point which is 25° past center and then I trace this shape to get my template, I did not simply trace Aeroheds foil shape.

In this image I have overlaid my shape (bright green) with the foil cross sections which I got from somewhere. You can see that my shape closely approximates the shape # 5 on this chart, your shape (red) is pretty close to #7.

I have noticed that the nose shapes on Aeroheds foil, your template, your ideal foil, and these foils on the chart are all quite different. This I suppose could be the subject of a new discussion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MJanalysis.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5480   Click image for larger version

Name:	MJanalysis2sm.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	5481  
Attached Files
File Type: doc foilonly.doc (19.5 KB, 34 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-20-2013)