View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
El Duende
EcoModding Lurker

QG - '02 Nissan Sentra GXE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lion View Post
Welcome to the site El Duende, from another Nissan Sentra owner. Believe me, you and I are not the first to hypermile these great little econoboxes. I drive an old B13 (93) SE-R, I love it.

I agree with SentraSE-R's statement, let them worry about themselves and risk their own necks passing you. Believe me, I used to get all nervous, watching my rear-view mirror, when people would rush up behind me and tailgate me. Now, I just sit back, chill, and think about how much cash I'm saving. Besides, it's not like they're going to compensate you for the gas money you'd waste going faster, so why worry about them? And you should probably see a good increase right away by just going slower.
Thanks! For a second there I, the image of my old B13 (We called it "the G-Ride," short for "the Good Ride.") had me daydreaming. It was a 92' with a cheap, but glittery light-blue aftermarket paint-job. The engine sounded like a kitten when revved and performed like one too, through the 3-speed auto that put the torque down. My, what bliss! The thing got more than 34 MPG in the city. I miss it dearly. You've got the bad-ass version, as does SentraSE-R of the B15.

I used to get the same feeling when people tried to rush me. I noticed more people driving slower and less erratic. Feels good to follow their example knowing that others surrounding us might do the same.