Thread: oldnewbie
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
virg
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to virg
oldnewbie

Hey, just couldn't resist. Drove three Volvo 122s over a 30 year stretch and then just ran out of "bodies" to resurrect 6 years ago. My "new" car is a '98 Neon with 30K miles on it; should be the last I ever need, except I think I already need a CRX. But all this is beside the point....

I was attracted especially by those references to hydrogen generators. I met, a few years back, an inventor seeking help marketing a generator. Got a good look at it and lab results on mpg gains (12-26% diesel) and emissions. Too simple a gadget to patent, except for design which could be finessed easily by competitors.

This unit hydrolyzed water, collected free gas in a plastic 'doghouse' with a hip-roof. Hydrogen outlet at peak of roof (hose fitting there). Outlets in surrounding eaves for Oxygen. Naturally expired. Hydrogen passes through hose to a fitting behind air cleaner.

Tried to read through this site, maybe missed something somewhere. Has anybody around here bought a generator? If so does it do much more than that? What and how?

I just found the generator thread. Busy reading it now.

Last edited by virg; 03-24-2008 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: found the generator thread