View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
A little more research on your part would go a long way. Yes, they were ALL sold eventually and if you haven't been paying attention, demand for new cars has increased dramatically in the last year. There was a little something called 'cash for clunkers' between then and now. You might have heard of it? Most of europe and the US had similar programs.
Since you added this in 3 posts later, I'll address it now.

This only slightly moves the question from whether or not they were sold to how wasteful the practice became.

Also, I'm well aware of the existence of the cash for clunkers program. The point of the site, and consequently, my POV of this post, is about how wasteful those cars had become. Thanks for supporting it.

To end the argument, you're absolutely correct, to a degree. The overproduction doesn't occur on that scale anymore, and it was a timed thing, that was due to whatever circumstances they put on it.

However, you're absolutely incorrect in saying that there are no older cars that still sit on lots, and that's simple fact. I'm sure there also aren't boats and docks filled with cars that are waiting for delivery. It doesn't change the fact that you were being condescending in your response to the thread.

Last edited by Christ; 02-04-2010 at 05:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
cfg83 (02-04-2010)