View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oval_Overload
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
keep the outlet inside of the garage and have an extension cord to the ev.
Ah... you have located the source of my troubles. The garage is wired to one 120 volt circuit. Surely illegal, but it came that way.

The EV cord will reach half way to the deck, so my plan is to fab an extension cord (already have the parts) and mount a weatherproof box on the deck. I'd probably run a 120 VAC line, too, because there are no outdoor sockets on the house and I like to show movies on the side of the garage.

Plan 'B' is to replace the little basement window with plywood allowing me to run a cord into the basement. The window is under the deck anyway, so it is useless, and the load center is right there.

Plan 'C' is to reconfigure the garage wiring. There are two wires leading to the garage. one feeds the scooter-charging outlet and garage door. The other is fed from the same breaker but is switched in the kitchen, and in the garage. These are wired in series, not 3-way, and control the lights. If one of the wires is 12-2, I can reconfigure it to 220 service and feed the 120 service from the other wire, locking the kitchen switch 'on' (or not... so I can screw with Kal when he's working on his cars)

~Jim

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.

Last edited by Oval_Overload; 02-07-2010 at 06:30 PM..