View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
shovel
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
When I hear super awesome, I usually think about 5-10% MORE mpg. That 11% cheaper figure probably fluctuates quite a bit depending on where you are too. I thought Christ's analogy was spot on; I don't understand how you wouldn't get it.
I measure "super awesome" in more than one dimension dude

If I handed you a car that gets 10 miles per gallon you'd be all sore right? But then if I told you it was 10 miles per gallon of your used household greywater you'd say WOOHOO!! ... because gallons ain't gallons. A gallon of molten gold is more precious than a gallon of whale dung. I don't understand why so many people on here seem not to comprehend that.

If I can pay 11% less, get 5-10% less miles per gallon, have more available horsepower, produce a less harmful emission, support domestic agriculture, support a renewable fuel, and not have any of the problems that people on here complain about, what's not to like?

And people who say that producing ethanol consumes fuel probably think that foreign oil ships itself halfway around the planet without using fuel or something..